Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Best Advice Ever

Anas Ibn Malik reports that a Bedouin came to the Messenger of Allah andgreeted him in the mosque. The Messenger of Allah asked him where he came from. The Bedouin said:" I came from far seeking answers to some questions". Our master told him to ask his questions":

I wish to be an intelligent man, what should I do?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Fear Allah".

I wish to be a loyal servant to Allah and do what He wants me to do?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Qur'an."

I wish to be enlightened and have peace of heart?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Death".

I wish to be protected against enemies?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Trust in Allah".

I wish to follow the Straight Path?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Do good to others for Allah's sake".

What should I do so that Allah does not abase me?
Holy Prophet Replied, " Do not respond to the desires of your flesh".

I wish to have a long life?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Praise and thank Allah".

I wish for prosperity?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Be in a state of ablution at all times".

How can I save myself from the hellfire?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Protect your eyes and your tongue and your handsand what is below your waistline against evil".

How can I cleanse myself from my sins?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Shed tears for what you have done and repent by undoing what you have done wrong".

I wish to be a respectable person?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Then, don't ask for anything from anybody".

I wish to be honorable?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Then don't divulge the wrong doings of anybody".

What should I do to protect myself from the tortures of the grave?
Holy Prophet Replied, "Recite the Surah Mulk".

How should I calm my fear of the day of last judgment?
Holy Prophet Replied,"Remember Allah before you eat anything and before you sleep".

What should I do to feel the presence of Allah when I make my prayers?
Holy Prophet Replied,"Give the utmost care in taking your ablutionsand in being clean and pure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»